Sunday, September 20, 2009

My little sisfur


Furst, I want to thank efurryone, here on my blog and also on Catster and Facebook, for all the kind words of suppurrt in the loss of my brother Lalo. I still miss him, but after more than two weeks, we are coming to terms with the fact that Lalo has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. That mean ol' mountain lion was back around here again last night. Thank goodness all of us kitties were safely indoors, but we could hear all the neighbors' dogs barking and the donkeys next door braying like crazy. And along with all those animal sounds, there was a really creepy growling sound outside that made our fur stand on end. We don't like to wish harm on any animal, but we sure wish that someone would put a stop to that giant cat preying on pets and livestock around here. Either that, or we wish it would leave our area and never come back. It's caused us so much grief.

OK, enough about the depressing stuff. I want to talk to you about my little sisfur Rayna. It seems like only yesterday that she could fit in Mommy's hand. Now she's almost six months old, and she is growing up to be quite a beautiful young lady. I don't mean to be a dirty old cat, but I couldn't help but check her out the other day as she was walking away from the feeder. I hope she doesn't figure out how purrty she is; I wouldn't want her to get all full of herself.

Oh, one more thing about Lalo...I don't think I ever told my blog buddies about how Lalo let Rayna nurse when she was a baby! Yes, I'm serious! Lalo was a neutered male, but he was such a good big brofur to Rayna that he let her pretend he was her mommy! So I'm including a picture of Rayna at three months of age, nursing on Lalo. I would never let a baby kitty nurse on me! But Lalo was a wonderful brofur to all of us. I hope he wouldn't be embarrassed that I'm showing you this picture. I just want efurryone to remember Lalo as a really great guy. And I also want you to know that my sisfur Rayna is kind of goofy.

1 comment:

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're so sorry about Lalo.It is very hard to lose a brother that way. We send purrs and tail wags.