Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!

My dear wife Lily sent me a pawmail via Catster, wishing me a Happy Earth Day. Yes, it is Earth Day! We are already one month into springtime, the trees are full of leaves, flowers are in bloom, and a cat's thoughts turn to long walks through the tall grass. But, *sigh*, how is one to celebrate Earth Day if one is being held prisoner indoors, as I am most of the time?

I haven't decided yet if my new dog is good for much, but I do have him to thank for my occasional forays into the great outdoors. The hoomans seem to open the door much more often since Pen came to live with us, and that provides more oppurrtunities to position myself near the door and plot my escape. I usually get caught and brought back inside, but efurry once in awhile, the hooman mommy says something about a "photo-op", and allows me to spend a bit of supervised time outdoors. Unfurtunately, "photo ops" usually involve some foolishness with the puppy. Oh well, I'll take what I can get, if it means I get a few minutes to chomp on a nice blade of grass or get a bit of fresh air and excercise. The rest of the time, I have to appurreciate "Earth" through the window. I hope efurryone is enjoying this Earth Day and doing something nice for the planet. As for me, I'm going to go sit by the door and wait for the puppy to go out.

No comments: